This August doesn’t seem to be a nice month for me at all…
As written in this post, I have no clue what will happen with this delivery. But there are also a few other things I’d like to share.
- Two weeks ago my laptop surprised me with not being able to connect to the network. As this might happen once or twice a year I wasn’t really concerned and restarted the modem. Laptop still couldn’t connect to the internet so I checked it and….. “can’t find network hardware” ….. wait, did it forget since last night where the network hardware is? Well, I tried to figure that out until I gave up 10 minutes later, shut the laptop down and checked mails and such on the phone while playing on PS4 and watching anime on my work laptop. Well, I had some options and no time on a Thursday to figure out what’s going on. Of course there’s no warranty on it anymore. Hooray.
Friday I got out my old laptop which I updated for hours before I found out why I actually exchanged it for the current one – that noise is hilarious. But it does what I ask of it so I found my solution without bringing the newer one to repairs yet as I already saw myself confronted with buying a new card or an external stick or a complete new laptop. Eurgh.
Then friends offered me to check out their old laptop which they would give me for free when visiting them end of August. So please please old laptop hang in there for another two weeks
- Three weeks ago I had an issue with DHL. They wanted to handover a package on a Saturday between 9AM and 1PM. I was at home and waited. No one rang the bell. At 3PM I went downstairs to check the letterbox – nothing. At 7PM I repeated that and *tada* a letter telling me that they couldn’t find me at home and I can pick the package up at a parcel station…… I contacted Customer Support via mail and got a reply: We’re so sorry that happened but we had issues in our distribution center so we were not on time. As far as we understand you got a letter in your box stating where your package is, so please pick it up there.
Wait what? Where’s the apology that the driver didn’t actually CARE to ring my bell?! No, nothing.
- Refurbishing neighbors managed to cause a water damage in my apartment end of May. They are still refurbishing – and last week also on different pipes in the kitchen and living room area. Don’t they ever learn?! I also complained to house tech about the noise they do at any given time (like Sunday 11PM!) but as I don’t know WHO is refurbishing all the time they can’t do anything (really, lazy bums!) – not even put up an official sign when refurbishing is allowed…. So I turned to weird measures like: Screaming into the ventilation system when they go past the officially allowed hours. Did that twice, suddenly they keep it to a minimum. Wow. But is there a thing like refurbishment addiction? I think they suffer from that.
- My health insurance sent me a bill (217,xx EUR) to be paid on 19th of August about something I didn’t understand. Due to insurance system I need to pay certain things but this thing didn’t make sense. A CS member tried to explain to me that they can not figure out why this charge was made but it was declared by the pharmacy when I picked up medication and the insurance paid the pharmacy and as I don’t have an additional insurance they ask me to pay them. That’s the short version.
They also advised me to go to the pharmacy to explain the charge as they wouldn’t know. (So what do they actually know except they want my money?)
I then went to the pharmacy and was in discussion there for 30 minutes until I found out: that charge is related to my medication I received and as it is somewhat special they ask the insurance to pay a certain amount (which differs by month) – regardless of amount I receive – that is regulated by a contract between pharmacy and insurance. If I don’t have an additional insurance with the insurance company it gets forwarded to me to pay. Wow. And that I couldn’t be told by the insurance. So much for paying a lot of money for nothing. Literally. I’ll change the insurance end of this year so the performance and payment amount might improve (well…regarding amount hopefully not).
- So now yesterday the thing in this post happened and is still ongoing.
And that happened because my cellphone decided to drop dead a few times on Wednesday with no reason. And closing apps with a black screen before restarting.
Ewwww. Yes, thank you~ because a malfunctioning laptop isn’t enough yet. New one costs me 99 EUR and I don’t even know if I will keep it. That’s why I ordered it for yesterday, so I could return it today and order a new one to get by tomorrow – but to hell with plans. Who needs those.
- Yesterday I also had a nice letter from the Douane (import tax)… they caught a package from Japan and can’t file it as there is no exemplary on the European market. Duh. So they asked me to fill in a sheet of paper so they can declare taxes and finally release the package. Bleh. It’s all about the money these days.
- I also received a paper from DHL that they tried to deliver a package (ain’t I busy with those lately?) and I can fill out online when/how it will be delivered at a later time. I chose: Friday (today), time: 18 – 21 (it was also marked like this on the sheet of paper they threw in my letter box!). Send. Perfect.
Today I receive a mail: delivery will take place 11 – 15. Erm. What exactly is WRONG with these morons?! Another mail to them. And I can hear already blablablablabla they will send as reply. I really hope that Amazon will go back to “normal” delivery services such as PostNL as DHL delivery dudes are lazy apes.
Why does all this crap needs to happen in such short time? I don’t understand this at all. What did I do to deserve this stupid madness? -_- (Reason can’t be that I am a person that totally likes grey clouds and rain and thunderstorm 😛 that would be just really plain BS)
It really pisses me off that all these things happen in such a short time now – especially those things that cost money. I’m saving up for my holiday so any extra amount I need to pay blasts a hole in my saving plan x_x
I will manage that and at least cellphone and insurance money are covered but anything else like this coming up and I’ll be in trouble. I really hope that bad luck streak is over soon 😦 and also that I can use that laptop of friends else I need to think about a long-term solution which might result in buying a new laptop as the current one also has other issues which would need to be fixed and those might exceed the price of a new model – especially as I don’t know what is actually wrong with it – except the network hardware…
(maybe I’ll just buy any new DVDs when I visit friends in Germany so I won’t need to depend on DHL anymore 😀 but I’m not going really often to Germany per year so bleh but I did buy Skylanders worth about 250 EUR when I was in Germany at friends’ in February *lol*)