I was watching a DVD yesterday. I closed the app after the movie ended and my PS4 went into “Safe Mode”.
DUH! WHAT! DAFAQ!?!
I tried to restart, update, disconnecting it from its cable and internet – it didn’t go out of “Safe Mode”. It took me 30 minutes of panic to google through how to get out of it WITHOUT DELETING my data and saved media.
So after reading a lot of (bullshit) comments, I finally found some information and videos on how to reset the PS4 to normal mode without deleting stuff.
Link to the dude’s video that saved my PS4’s ass 🙂 (!the cat is so cute!)
If you don’t want to watch, here are the steps:
- Get a cable and connect your controller
- Press the PS button
- In the menu: Choose option 4 “Restore Default Settings“
- Click “yes” on the message popping up (YOU WILL NOT LOOSE DATA)
- Wait for the Initializing to be finished (if you turned off notifications for updates it might update to the newest version as well, just let it do whatever it needs to do)
- Wait for PS4 to restart – Wait for PS4 to check your system storage – Wait for PS4 to restart again (if there is an update it might take 1-2 additional restarts for the PS4 to initialize and install)
- As soon as the blue screen with the controller introduction shows: Push the PS button on your controller
- Set your Language Preference
- Set your Internet Connection (the dude in the video skipped it as it is not necessary for the vid and if he would have done so everyone would know his password)
- Skip the PS camera if you don’t have it (connected)
- Set your Time Preference
- Select Date and Time (should be automated if you are connected to the internet)
- Select your Media Playback and General (Applications) if it is not defaulted – or just click Next *this can be changed later*
- Select the settings for “Rest Mode” – or just click Next *this can be changed later*
- Press “Start Now“
- The next screen should show “New User” and your user name OR “temp-user…/home”
- Select your user name or the temp user
- If you log in as temp user: Login to PSN to use your applications as before, no data loss!
If you log in with your user name: Everything will be as before – no data loss!
You only need to change your preferences in “Settings” and choose your “Theme” as these things will be indeed reset by the system! 🙂
Hope this helps. Please watch the video for the steps if you are uncertain about my description 🙂
starts quite wonderful…. not really.
Life is trolling me.
First things first: Happy New Year to you folks!
The year started quite calm with my boyfriend cuddling on my couch – deep-sleeping. Actually the fireworks woke us up… well, we went to sleep again after it was over – and it is over quite soon where I live – thank god 😀
So… after a nice long 3-day-weekend I returned to work and…. was locked out.
I sat in the train half asleep when a colleague called me when I would hit the office building. Told her I would be there soon and she told me her card doesn’t work.
I arrived at the building to see another colleague in front of the door waving at me that he can’t get in either.
Meanwhile first colleague was already in the building but couldn’t get past the security gate to the elevators. She let us in from the other side.
While male colleague crawled over the gate and went upstairs to check if we could log into our office we tried to contact management – which was unavailable via phone as we only reached mailbox after mailbox.
Colleague came downstairs to tell us that upstairs everything was fine.
Now a security guard arrived and checked one of our cards in the system: “It is blocked and was only valid until 31st of December.” No kidding.
Other colleagues arrived – one of their cards actually worked and we could get in – I logged in at work at 7:50, which is more than 30minutes later than usual.
Wrote a mail to my boss and got it adjusted to a usual login time – yay 😀
So when I got home after such a bad start I wanted to log into my game to play a bit…. well…. PSN down. Whut? Yes. Down. Hooray. After I tried to login after restarting the console, talking to some PS-using peeps and googling I gave up on that and put in a DVD (Home, later El Dorado and El Dorado again in Dutch – second only halfway though) while doing a “Paint by numbers” picture of my zodiac Taurus.
5 hours later I burned through the first 4 numbers (of 12 in total) and was quite satisfied with myself and the evening – but stuck with a hurting hand that clamped around the brush for nearly the whole time. Hooray.
I went to sleep in my warm bed (heating blanket banzai!) and had a deep deramless sleep until I woke up by alarm and made my way to work…. when I saw a woman with her small terrier (the kind from Tim & Struppi) – which of course could not listen to her and ran towards me, stopped at my side just to jump up with its forepaws against my right knee cap – intentionally trying to get my attention while I might fall over. I didn’t do it the favor to fall but just stumbled… still…
Thank you, cat food. I wouldn’t have remembered why I hate owners of little dogs so much – yes, get them some education instead of screaming at them like crazy because they won’t listen to you. Duh!
So far my new year kinda sucks 😀
Let’s see if its just the first few days or keeps on rolling like this 😀