After a break of 3 months I returned to play FFXIV. It was a really quiet start where I left off… and found out so much things in 30 minutes I did not figure out in the 9 months I was playing before. Ridiculous! But fun!
For example: As a PS3 player you are able to connect a keyboard and mouse to choose how to play. I knew that before BUT I figured out how to change the window size of severa menu windows that were oversized. Wow. Would have been so much easier to figure that earlier. Or how to remove skills without overwriting them with other skills…. man was I dumb 😀
With the new patches some new features were implemented – such as leveling vendors in specific jobs, Gardening, Chocobo training/coloring, private rooms, Hunting.
What can I say?
* My vendors are fisher, miner, botanist (yes, I pay for a 3rd one as I ot so much trash in my inventory it would explode when I store everything there). Woohoo. Don’t ask what they bring me from their hunts, it’s pretty much random from trash up to really nice blue equip (which I most likely don’t need).
* Hunting is ridiculous. Mostly the monsters disappear when a certain amount of players arrives – or some group does not want to wait (so called ninja-trolls) and kills it the moment you arrive.
Great to kill something you can not see (and waste time to not get anything out of it) – even when healing a party it should not matter if you don’t see the monster because you heal your fellows right? No you need to attack the monster else no points. Ridiculously frustrating. A fix was provided but apparently works only with a PS4. Anyone can give me the money for a PS4 so I can try? 😀
* Gardening is fun but each company has only max. 8 spots. For our company we have a rule that we need to tell the responsible garden person how many slots we need for plants (which can also cross with other plants therefore sometimes we need 2 spots/person).
It can be frustrating if you try to cross plants and the result is not what you wanted… right now I focuse on Chocobo training and color plants. (So I tried to get a crossed plant but did not work out 😛 )
* Chocobo Training / Coloring is really random. Not the training because that’s jus feeding EXP which you usually get by killing monsters. But the colors part is kind of random. My chocobo was fed with blue-deepening berries.
It turned brown: Ul Brown.
I fed more blue berries. It was then Gobbuebag Brown. (It’s like 2 ounces darker then the one before as I received the message it will grow new feathers twice)
Wow. Hilarious. I fed him more berries (and received the message it will grow new feathers 7 times). Then it turned Lavender Purple.Quite nice with the Light or Behemoth armor.
Right now it got some more berries working on its feathers another 3 times. Gonna see what it will be later. 😛 Maybe it gets a deep purple?
* Private rooms are seemly expensive. Pay 300k first (only if the company has already an estate), then furnish that thing. Mine looked like a carneval in the beginning with a Storm Ceiling (Ul’Dah company provided), Maelstrom Wall (Limsa company provided) and Serpent carpet (Gridania company provided)…. I put in some things which I got from my vendors while they were on hunt for items and crafted some more later when I had my crafter’s job level up. Now it looks kind of nice 🙂
And I am sooooo addicted on Manor that half of my room is filled with Manor stuff 😀